How to Hire Huntsville AL Pest Control Specialists
Are you looking for pest control services in Huntsville AL due to termites, roaches, spiders or mice? Finding rodents, reptiles or insects in your home can cause distress, but getting rid of them does not have to be stressful. Hiring a professional and reputable local exterminator can be the best solution to your home infestation problems. And because a pest control technician operates within your home or property, often with potentially hazardous or harmful chemicals, it is extremely important to choose an experienced and licensed exterminator who will get the job done safely. So how do you choose a pest control company that will meet your needs at an affordable price? Below are some tips on what to look for when you find bugs or critters have invaded your home.
Decide on the Type of Exterminator You Need
Just as there are many types of insects, reptiles or rodents, there are various Huntsville AL exterminators who have expertise and experience with only certain types of pests. So the first consideration is finding a local contractor that has the expertise and experience eradicating your specific type of pest. Some of the varmints and creepy crawlers that often need exterminating or removal are:
- Bed bugs
- Fleas and ticks
- Flies and mosquitos
- Birds and bats
- Mice, rats and rodents
- Gophers and moles
- Bees, hornets and wasps
- Wildlife removal
Often price and personal preference are determining factors when selecting a pest control contractor. Name recognition may also come into play as there are several national brands that advertise heavily on television. However each Huntsville AL service has its own unique characteristics related to experience, reputation and fees for service, so it is important to do your due diligence before making a final choice.
How to Choose The Right Pest Control Company
Choosing the lowest estimate is not always the best way to select a contractor. There are many other factors to consider, such as experience, reputation, materials used, follow up customer support and guarantees. It doesn’t do any good to choose the cheapest Huntsville AL exterminator if the pests return within a short period of time and the contractor is nowhere to be found. The old adage You Get What You Pay For applies to pest control just as it does to other services, but paying too much is not a wise choice either. So let’s take a look at some tips to make sure that you hire the right pest control professional at the right price for the job.
- Get at least 3 estimates in writing. Just as with hiring any contractor, you will want to interview 3 or 4 Huntsville AL exterminators and review each of their estimates. Make sure that the bids include materials or chemicals to be used and any special circumstances that need to be addressed. If the contractor provides a warranty, find out the length of the guarantee as well as what is covered. For prolonged projects, the timeline and payment schedule should also be addressed. Never accept a proposal that requires full payment upfront. A reasonable deposit is acceptable to cover upfront material costs before starting.
- Ask for and check references. Before making a selection, ask the Huntsville AL contractors to provide references from customers that they have worked with fairly recently. If they have to dig way back into the archives to find someone, it may be a red flag. Ask them to provide references for similar jobs if possible. If most of their jobs involve insect extermination and you have a gopher problem, it may not be the right project for them. And when speaking with their past customers, ask not only have they been satisfied with the quality of the pest control service, but also any follow up service that they may have had. Ask if they would recommend the contractor to friends and family or if they would use the company again.
- Invite them to your home. Before hiring a contractor, arrange an in-home inspection so that you can meet the exterminator in person and discuss your situation. The Huntsville AL pest control contractor should outline his method for treating or removing your pests, any pesticides that he will use as well as potential hazards involved. He should also be able to offer tips on avoiding future infestation as well. Be wary of any contractor who provides a quote sight unseen unless it is a very basic job.
- Check out their reputation. Contact your regional or Alabama pesticide regulatory agency, as well as the Alabama Attorney General to see if any of the Huntsville AL contractors have had complaints filed against them. Also, check local consumer organizations such as the Better Business Bureau or Google + Local online to find out what their local reputations are for service.
- Check insurance and licensing. It is important before making that final selection that both your home and the workers involved in the project are protected. Ask to see proof of insurance for both liability and workers compensation. The liability insurance will protect you against any damages that may occur, especially with chemicals. The workers comp will protect the contractor’s employees should they be injured while on your property. It is also important to find out if the contractor meets all local and state codes regarding licensing and special certifications. A reputable Huntsville AL pest control company will have their insurance and licenses in order and available for your review. Also, ask about any Professional Pest Control Associations they are affiliated with as this will provide a good indication as to their commitment to their business as well as keeping updated on training and safety methods.
- Get a written contract. Once you have completed your due diligence and have selected a qualified Huntsville AL pest control contractor, get a written contract detailing all of the important points we have discussed. A signed copy of the initial written estimate may suffice as long as it covers all important details. Congratulation! You are well on your way to having your pest issues taken care of by an experienced, licensed and affordable pest control specialist.
Interesting Background on Huntsville AL
Huntsville is a city located primarily in Madison County in the Appalachian region of northern Alabama. Huntsville is the county seat of Madison County. The city extends west into neighboring Limestone County and south into Morgan County. Huntsville's population was 180,105 as of the 2010 census. Huntsville is the third-largest city in Alabama and the largest city in the five-county Huntsville-Decatur-Albertville, AL Combined Statistical Area, which at the 2013 census estimate had a total population of 683,871. The Huntsville Metropolitan Area's population was 417,593 in 2010 to become the 2nd largest in Alabama. Huntsville metro's population reached 441,000 by 2014.
It grew across nearby hills north of the Tennessee River, adding textile mills, then munitions factories, NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center and the United States Army Aviation and Missile Command nearby at the Redstone Arsenal. The National Trust for Historic Preservation named Huntsville to its "America's Dozen Distinctive Destinations for 2010" list.
The first settlers of the area were Muscogee-speaking people. The Chickasaw traditionally claim to have settled around 1300 after coming east across the Mississippi. A combination of factors, including depopulation due to disease, land disputes between the Choctaw and Cherokee, and pressures from the United States government had largely depopulated the area prior to 1805. That year Revolutionary War veteran John Hunt settled in the land around the Big Spring. The 1805 Treaty with the Chickasaws and the Cherokee Treaty of Washington of 1806 ceded native claims to the United States Government. The area was subsequently purchased by LeRoy Pope, who named the area Twickenham after the home village of his distant kinsman Alexander Pope.
Twickenham was carefully planned, with streets laid out on the northeast to southwest direction based on the flow of Big Spring. However, due to anti-British sentiment during this period, the name was changed to "Huntsville" to honor John Hunt, who had been forced to move to other land south of the new city.
Find Pest Control Contractors in Huntsville AL Now!
Finding qualified, pre-screened Pest Control Contractors in Huntsville AL is easy. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. Qualified contractors are standing by waiting for your request. So what are you waiting for? Get your pest exterminator proposals and fnd the right contractor at the right price now!
Other Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 2
Bing: Huntsville AL Pest Control Exterminators Search results
9 Best Pest Control Companies - Huntsville AL - HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Pest Control Services in Huntsville, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 461 Homeowner Reviews of Top Huntsville Pest Control Services. Bates and Lowery Holdings, LLC, Lawn Doctor of Harvest-Hazel Green-West Huntsville, Nuisance Wildlife Control, Mosquito and Pest Authority, Superior Services. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Huntsville - Madison | Pest Control, Termite Inspections ...
A Terminix Commercial Pest control plan will give you everything you need to help protect the property from pests and pest damage, as well as helping to protect your employees and customers. From bird control to bed bug services, we've got Madison covered. There’s simply no room for pests in a clean, sanitary and well-run business.
Huntsville AL Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite Inspector
Huntsville Pest Pressure. Alabama is home to several species of termites. Formosan subterranean termites are a major concern for Huntsville, AL, residents. Often called super termites when compared to other species of subterranean termites, these pests consume wood and expand their colonies rapidly.
Huntsville Al Pest Control Bugs Insects Termites Rats Fleas
Professional Pest Control Huntsville AL. FREE ESTIMATES. ATEC Pest Control is locally owned and operated. For over 25 years ATEC has served North Alabama ridding homes and businesses of pests, bed bugs, insects, roaches, fleas, rats, recluse and black widow spiders, snakes, etc...
Best 30 Pest Control in Huntsville, AL with Reviews - YP.com
Experienced & rated Pest Control in Huntsville, AL. Find extermination treatment, and inspection services - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES®
A Plus Pest Control - Huntsville Alabama Pest And Termite ...
Pest Control Service in Northern Alabama. A+ Pest Control is proud to offer our award winning pest control services to Huntsville Alabama.Our locally owned Huntsville office is equipped to eliminate any pests that might be invading your home.
Pest Control Huntsville AL - Advanced Pest Control of Alabama
Commercial and Residential Pest Control in Huntsville AL. We here at Advanced Pest Control Huntsville AL believe we are the top pest control company of all the Huntsville pest control companies because we offer high-quality services for the Huntsville area at a very affordable price.
A Plus Pest Control - Huntsville, AL - Yelp
I've only been using A Plus Pest Control for a couple of months, but there are by far my favorite pest company so far. Initially, we were going to go with Cooks but their technicians kept hounding us and stopping by our home while we were making a decision (as in they stopped by 4 or 5 times in a 2 week period AFTER I said I'd call them and let them know!).
Pest Control Exterminator in Huntsville | Knox
When you partner with Knox for your pest control in Huntsville, our expert exterminators will: Fully inspect your property to identify the extent of the infestation, as well as entry points. Develop a customized treatment program that will eliminate the problem and prevent future infestations.