How to Hire Troy AL Pest Control Specialists
Are you looking for pest control services in Troy AL due to termites, roaches, spiders or mice? Finding rodents, reptiles or insects in your home can cause distress, but getting rid of them does not have to be stressful. Hiring a professional and reputable local exterminator can be the best solution to your home infestation problems. And because a pest control technician operates within your home or property, often with potentially hazardous or harmful chemicals, it is extremely important to choose an experienced and licensed exterminator who will get the job done safely. So how do you choose a pest control company that will meet your needs at an affordable price? Below are some tips on what to look for when you find bugs or critters have invaded your home.
Decide on the Type of Exterminator You Need
Just as there are many types of insects, reptiles or rodents, there are various Troy AL exterminators who have expertise and experience with only certain types of pests. So the first consideration is finding a local contractor that has the expertise and experience eradicating your specific type of pest. Some of the varmints and creepy crawlers that often need exterminating or removal are:
- Bed bugs
- Fleas and ticks
- Flies and mosquitos
- Birds and bats
- Mice, rats and rodents
- Gophers and moles
- Bees, hornets and wasps
- Wildlife removal
Often price and personal preference are determining factors when selecting a pest control contractor. Name recognition may also come into play as there are several national brands that advertise heavily on television. However each Troy AL service has its own unique characteristics related to experience, reputation and fees for service, so it is important to do your due diligence before making a final choice.
How to Choose The Right Pest Control Company
Choosing the lowest estimate is not always the best way to select a contractor. There are many other factors to consider, such as experience, reputation, materials used, follow up customer support and guarantees. It doesn’t do any good to choose the cheapest Troy AL exterminator if the pests return within a short period of time and the contractor is nowhere to be found. The old adage You Get What You Pay For applies to pest control just as it does to other services, but paying too much is not a wise choice either. So let’s take a look at some tips to make sure that you hire the right pest control professional at the right price for the job.
- Get at least 3 estimates in writing. Just as with hiring any contractor, you will want to interview 3 or 4 Troy AL exterminators and review each of their estimates. Make sure that the bids include materials or chemicals to be used and any special circumstances that need to be addressed. If the contractor provides a warranty, find out the length of the guarantee as well as what is covered. For prolonged projects, the timeline and payment schedule should also be addressed. Never accept a proposal that requires full payment upfront. A reasonable deposit is acceptable to cover upfront material costs before starting.
- Ask for and check references. Before making a selection, ask the Troy AL contractors to provide references from customers that they have worked with fairly recently. If they have to dig way back into the archives to find someone, it may be a red flag. Ask them to provide references for similar jobs if possible. If most of their jobs involve insect extermination and you have a gopher problem, it may not be the right project for them. And when speaking with their past customers, ask not only have they been satisfied with the quality of the pest control service, but also any follow up service that they may have had. Ask if they would recommend the contractor to friends and family or if they would use the company again.
- Invite them to your home. Before hiring a contractor, arrange an in-home inspection so that you can meet the exterminator in person and discuss your situation. The Troy AL pest control contractor should outline his method for treating or removing your pests, any pesticides that he will use as well as potential hazards involved. He should also be able to offer tips on avoiding future infestation as well. Be wary of any contractor who provides a quote sight unseen unless it is a very basic job.
- Check out their reputation. Contact your regional or Alabama pesticide regulatory agency, as well as the Alabama Attorney General to see if any of the Troy AL contractors have had complaints filed against them. Also, check local consumer organizations such as the Better Business Bureau or Google + Local online to find out what their local reputations are for service.
- Check insurance and licensing. It is important before making that final selection that both your home and the workers involved in the project are protected. Ask to see proof of insurance for both liability and workers compensation. The liability insurance will protect you against any damages that may occur, especially with chemicals. The workers comp will protect the contractor’s employees should they be injured while on your property. It is also important to find out if the contractor meets all local and state codes regarding licensing and special certifications. A reputable Troy AL pest control company will have their insurance and licenses in order and available for your review. Also, ask about any Professional Pest Control Associations they are affiliated with as this will provide a good indication as to their commitment to their business as well as keeping updated on training and safety methods.
- Get a written contract. Once you have completed your due diligence and have selected a qualified Troy AL pest control contractor, get a written contract detailing all of the important points we have discussed. A signed copy of the initial written estimate may suffice as long as it covers all important details. Congratulation! You are well on your way to having your pest issues taken care of by an experienced, licensed and affordable pest control specialist.
Interesting Background on Troy AL
As of the 2010 census, the population was 18,033. The 2015 estimated population was 18,696. The City of Troy is considered one of the fastest growing cities in Alabama. Troy is a college town and is home to Troy University, the third-largest university in total enrollment in the state of Alabama.
Once part of territory belonging to the Creek Indian, the land that would later become Troy was settled in the early 1830s. Originally known as Deer Stand Hill (an Indian hunting ground) and first settled about 1824, it was later known as Zebulon and then Centreville before being renamed Troy (1838). Troy burned down in 1901 and had to be rebuilt from scratch.
Troy became the county seat in 1838 after being moved from Monticello. A hotel and taverns along with small mercantile stores were soon created, quickly making the new town the social center of the county.
To promote movement of settlers and to speed mail from Washington City to New Orleans, the Federal Road was laid out after 1805. In 1824, a military road was laid out from Fort Barrancas in Pensacola, Florida and ran on top of the ridges to Fort Mitchell in Russell County, Alabama, and connected to The Federal Road. Captain Daniel E. Burch of the U.S. Army marked the route using three notches on trees for a crew under Lt. Elias Phillips to follow. The route was eventually cleared in 1824 at a cost of $1,130. It follows the ridge dividing the water sheds of the Conecuh River to the northwest, and the Yellow and Pea Rivers to the southeast. This road became known as The Three Notch Road and ran through Troy and Pike County. While never being highly needed as a military supply road, it became a boon to the settlers who used it to move into south-central and southeast Alabama and into northwest Florida.
Find Pest Control Contractors in Troy AL Now!
Finding qualified, pre-screened Pest Control Contractors in Troy AL is easy. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. Qualified contractors are standing by waiting for your request. So what are you waiting for? Get your pest exterminator proposals and fnd the right contractor at the right price now!
Other Cities in Alabama
Bing: Troy AL Pest Control Exterminators Search results
Best 6 Pest Control Companies in Troy, AL for 2019 - Pests.org
In operation for more than a century, Orkin has more locations than any competitor and offers one of the largest portfolios of pest control and additional services in the industry. Its strong record of customer service, decades-long commitment to technician training, and its stellar money-back guarantee make it a strong choice for pest control everywhere in the U.S. Read more
3 Best Pest Control Companies - Troy AL | Exterminators
Hire the Best Pest Control Services in Troy, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 454 Homeowner Reviews of Top Troy Pest Control Services. Terminix, TruGreen, Terminix. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
The 10 Best Pest Control & Exterminators in Troy, AL 2019 ...
River Region Pest Control is an Exterminator and Pest Control Service in Montgomery, Alabama and surrounding communities. We are your authorized Mosquito Terminators River Region Service Provider in Central Alabama. Our mission is to help families take back their yards by eliminating and preventin...Read more
troy, al | Pest Control Exterminators Bed Bugs Roaches
Pest Control Exterminator Troy Alabama . We specialize in pest control extermination of ants and spiders (including Brown Recluse and Black Widows), as well as fleas, ticks, crickets, scorpions, wasps, and even mice and rats. Because your comfort and safety is our top priority, we only use the safest products and treatment methods available.
Best 27 Pest Control Services in Troy, AL with Reviews ...
Pest Control Services in Troy, AL. i. About Search Results. YP - The Real Yellow Pages SM - helps you find the right local businesses to meet your specific needs. Search results are sorted by a combination of factors to give you a set of choices in response to your search criteria. ... From Business: Reliable pest control and termite control ...
termite.com > Troy AL > Pest Control > Exterminators
Recent advances in pest control technology has provided safer, more effective pest and termite control products now available in Alabama. Although safer to use in or around the home or workplace, these products are expensive and require a far higher level of skill to achieve a satisfactory result.
Pest Control - Troy, AL - AL.com
Find Pest Control local business listings in and near Troy, AL. Get Pest Control business addresses, phone numbers, driving directions, maps, reviews and more.
Troy Exterminators - Low Cost Pest Control in Troy, AL
Pest Control From Top Rated Exterminators in Troy, AL Corkd is the place to go when you need a dependable exterminator in Troy, that's known for offering high quality, low cost pest control in Troy, Alabama.
Best 5 Pest Control Companies for 2019 in Troy, AL ...
This, too, is an effective pest control system used by experts. If you’re worried about the safety of termite treatment and pest control solutions for your Troy, AL home, you can rest assured that the solutions are backed by federal regulations as some of the safest on the market.
The 10 Best Pest Control & Exterminators in Troy, OH 2019 ...
Who are the best Pest Control Companies in Troy? We've found 50 pest control company providers that are available to you in Troy. Keep in mind that every project has different requirements, and some pest control company professionals maybe be more equipped to handle the specifications of your pest control services work than others.