How to Hire Lake Montezuma AZ Pest Control Specialists
Are you looking for pest control services in Lake Montezuma AZ due to termites, roaches, spiders or mice? Finding rodents, reptiles or insects in your home can cause distress, but getting rid of them does not have to be stressful. Hiring a professional and reputable local exterminator can be the best solution to your home infestation problems. And because a pest control technician operates within your home or property, often with potentially hazardous or harmful chemicals, it is extremely important to choose an experienced and licensed exterminator who will get the job done safely. So how do you choose a pest control company that will meet your needs at an affordable price? Below are some tips on what to look for when you find bugs or critters have invaded your home.
Decide on the Type of Exterminator You Need
Just as there are many types of insects, reptiles or rodents, there are various Lake Montezuma AZ exterminators who have expertise and experience with only certain types of pests. So the first consideration is finding a local contractor that has the expertise and experience eradicating your specific type of pest. Some of the varmints and creepy crawlers that often need exterminating or removal are:
- Bed bugs
- Fleas and ticks
- Flies and mosquitos
- Birds and bats
- Mice, rats and rodents
- Gophers and moles
- Bees, hornets and wasps
- Wildlife removal
Often price and personal preference are determining factors when selecting a pest control contractor. Name recognition may also come into play as there are several national brands that advertise heavily on television. However each Lake Montezuma AZ service has its own unique characteristics related to experience, reputation and fees for service, so it is important to do your due diligence before making a final choice.
How to Choose The Right Pest Control Company
Choosing the lowest estimate is not always the best way to select a contractor. There are many other factors to consider, such as experience, reputation, materials used, follow up customer support and guarantees. It doesn’t do any good to choose the cheapest Lake Montezuma AZ exterminator if the pests return within a short period of time and the contractor is nowhere to be found. The old adage You Get What You Pay For applies to pest control just as it does to other services, but paying too much is not a wise choice either. So let’s take a look at some tips to make sure that you hire the right pest control professional at the right price for the job.
- Get at least 3 estimates in writing. Just as with hiring any contractor, you will want to interview 3 or 4 Lake Montezuma AZ exterminators and review each of their estimates. Make sure that the bids include materials or chemicals to be used and any special circumstances that need to be addressed. If the contractor provides a warranty, find out the length of the guarantee as well as what is covered. For prolonged projects, the timeline and payment schedule should also be addressed. Never accept a proposal that requires full payment upfront. A reasonable deposit is acceptable to cover upfront material costs before starting.
- Ask for and check references. Before making a selection, ask the Lake Montezuma AZ contractors to provide references from customers that they have worked with fairly recently. If they have to dig way back into the archives to find someone, it may be a red flag. Ask them to provide references for similar jobs if possible. If most of their jobs involve insect extermination and you have a gopher problem, it may not be the right project for them. And when speaking with their past customers, ask not only have they been satisfied with the quality of the pest control service, but also any follow up service that they may have had. Ask if they would recommend the contractor to friends and family or if they would use the company again.
- Invite them to your home. Before hiring a contractor, arrange an in-home inspection so that you can meet the exterminator in person and discuss your situation. The Lake Montezuma AZ pest control contractor should outline his method for treating or removing your pests, any pesticides that he will use as well as potential hazards involved. He should also be able to offer tips on avoiding future infestation as well. Be wary of any contractor who provides a quote sight unseen unless it is a very basic job.
- Check out their reputation. Contact your regional or Arizona pesticide regulatory agency, as well as the Arizona Attorney General to see if any of the Lake Montezuma AZ contractors have had complaints filed against them. Also, check local consumer organizations such as the Better Business Bureau or Google + Local online to find out what their local reputations are for service.
- Check insurance and licensing. It is important before making that final selection that both your home and the workers involved in the project are protected. Ask to see proof of insurance for both liability and workers compensation. The liability insurance will protect you against any damages that may occur, especially with chemicals. The workers comp will protect the contractor’s employees should they be injured while on your property. It is also important to find out if the contractor meets all local and state codes regarding licensing and special certifications. A reputable Lake Montezuma AZ pest control company will have their insurance and licenses in order and available for your review. Also, ask about any Professional Pest Control Associations they are affiliated with as this will provide a good indication as to their commitment to their business as well as keeping updated on training and safety methods.
- Get a written contract. Once you have completed your due diligence and have selected a qualified Lake Montezuma AZ pest control contractor, get a written contract detailing all of the important points we have discussed. A signed copy of the initial written estimate may suffice as long as it covers all important details. Congratulation! You are well on your way to having your pest issues taken care of by an experienced, licensed and affordable pest control specialist.
Interesting Background on Lake Montezuma AZ
Lake Montezuma, Arizona
Lake Montezuma is a census-designated place (CDP) in Yavapai County in the U.S. state of Arizona. The population was 3,344 at the 2000 census. The CDP includes the communities of Rimrock and McGuireville. Located along Interstate 17, it is 20 miles (32 km) south of Sedona and 8 miles (13 km) north of Camp Verde in central Arizona's Verde Valley.
Wales Arnold, the first settler along Beaver Creek, came to Beaver Creek in 1870 and lived at what became known as The Montezuma Well Ranch. Arnold, who came to Arizona as a member of the California Column during the Civil War ultimately became the sutler or civilian merchant of the firm Arnold and Bowers at Camp Lincoln following his discharge from the Army at Fort Whipple August 29, 1864. His partner in this enterprise was George Bowers who was killed by Indians near the head of Copper Canyon while en route to Prescott alongside a young soldier named Robert Nix. Arnold held several hay contracts with the Army at Camp Lincoln (renamed Fort Verde in 1868) and grew the first alfalfa known to be grown in the Verde Valley. The Montezuma Well Ranch served as a way station where mail riders changed horses when the mail began to be carried from Fort Whipple to Fort Wingate.
The part of the community known as McGuireville began in 1910 when Eugene McGuire settled near the confluence of Dry Beaver Creek and Wet Beaver Creek. This was also at the junction of the historic road from Stoneman Lake which split there with one route going on to Cornville, Cottonwood and Jerome and the other going south to Camp Verde and on to Prescott via Copper Canyon or Cherry. Eugene McGuire along with his son Gene homesteaded there beginning in 1910. Their small store and gas station was supplanted by another store operated by Midge Montgomery who started Beaver Creek Store there in 1931.
The area generally became known as Rimrock in 1928 when Virginia Finnie, the daughter of a prominent local rancher, married Romaine Lowdermilk and the couple along with partner Russell Boardman started a dude ranch originally called Rimrock Lodge later known as Rimrock Dude Ranch. It was so named for the prominent limestone rimrocks forming the edges of the mesas visible from the hill top ranch. Her prominent guests were wanting efficient communications with the outside world so Virginia saw the need to establish a post office on the ranch. Virginia's Mother-in-law, Ella Loudermilk, became the first post mistress of the newly established Rimrock Post Office chartered July 11, 1928. People from the Coconino County line near Stoneman Lake, Apache Maid Ranch etc. and up and down the creek nearly to Camp Verde, picked up their mail at the Rimrock Post Office. The former area of Beaver Creek School district thus generally became known as Rimrock. Interestingly, one of Arizona's oldest continuously operated landing strips - The Rimrock Airport - is located here as dudes used to fly into the ranch in days gone by.
Find Pest Control Contractors in Lake Montezuma AZ Now!
Finding qualified, pre-screened Pest Control Contractors in Lake Montezuma AZ is easy. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. Qualified contractors are standing by waiting for your request. So what are you waiting for? Get your pest exterminator proposals and fnd the right contractor at the right price now!
Other Cities in Arizona
Business Results 1 - 10 of 6