How to Hire Sylacauga AL Pest Control Specialists
Are you looking for pest control services in Sylacauga AL due to termites, roaches, spiders or mice? Finding rodents, reptiles or insects in your home can cause distress, but getting rid of them does not have to be stressful. Hiring a professional and reputable local exterminator can be the best solution to your home infestation problems. And because a pest control technician operates within your home or property, often with potentially hazardous or harmful chemicals, it is extremely important to choose an experienced and licensed exterminator who will get the job done safely. So how do you choose a pest control company that will meet your needs at an affordable price? Below are some tips on what to look for when you find bugs or critters have invaded your home.
Decide on the Type of Exterminator You Need
Just as there are many types of insects, reptiles or rodents, there are various Sylacauga AL exterminators who have expertise and experience with only certain types of pests. So the first consideration is finding a local contractor that has the expertise and experience eradicating your specific type of pest. Some of the varmints and creepy crawlers that often need exterminating or removal are:
- Bed bugs
- Fleas and ticks
- Flies and mosquitos
- Birds and bats
- Mice, rats and rodents
- Gophers and moles
- Bees, hornets and wasps
- Wildlife removal
Often price and personal preference are determining factors when selecting a pest control contractor. Name recognition may also come into play as there are several national brands that advertise heavily on television. However each Sylacauga AL service has its own unique characteristics related to experience, reputation and fees for service, so it is important to do your due diligence before making a final choice.
How to Choose The Right Pest Control Company
Choosing the lowest estimate is not always the best way to select a contractor. There are many other factors to consider, such as experience, reputation, materials used, follow up customer support and guarantees. It doesn’t do any good to choose the cheapest Sylacauga AL exterminator if the pests return within a short period of time and the contractor is nowhere to be found. The old adage You Get What You Pay For applies to pest control just as it does to other services, but paying too much is not a wise choice either. So let’s take a look at some tips to make sure that you hire the right pest control professional at the right price for the job.
- Get at least 3 estimates in writing. Just as with hiring any contractor, you will want to interview 3 or 4 Sylacauga AL exterminators and review each of their estimates. Make sure that the bids include materials or chemicals to be used and any special circumstances that need to be addressed. If the contractor provides a warranty, find out the length of the guarantee as well as what is covered. For prolonged projects, the timeline and payment schedule should also be addressed. Never accept a proposal that requires full payment upfront. A reasonable deposit is acceptable to cover upfront material costs before starting.
- Ask for and check references. Before making a selection, ask the Sylacauga AL contractors to provide references from customers that they have worked with fairly recently. If they have to dig way back into the archives to find someone, it may be a red flag. Ask them to provide references for similar jobs if possible. If most of their jobs involve insect extermination and you have a gopher problem, it may not be the right project for them. And when speaking with their past customers, ask not only have they been satisfied with the quality of the pest control service, but also any follow up service that they may have had. Ask if they would recommend the contractor to friends and family or if they would use the company again.
- Invite them to your home. Before hiring a contractor, arrange an in-home inspection so that you can meet the exterminator in person and discuss your situation. The Sylacauga AL pest control contractor should outline his method for treating or removing your pests, any pesticides that he will use as well as potential hazards involved. He should also be able to offer tips on avoiding future infestation as well. Be wary of any contractor who provides a quote sight unseen unless it is a very basic job.
- Check out their reputation. Contact your regional or Alabama pesticide regulatory agency, as well as the Alabama Attorney General to see if any of the Sylacauga AL contractors have had complaints filed against them. Also, check local consumer organizations such as the Better Business Bureau or Google + Local online to find out what their local reputations are for service.
- Check insurance and licensing. It is important before making that final selection that both your home and the workers involved in the project are protected. Ask to see proof of insurance for both liability and workers compensation. The liability insurance will protect you against any damages that may occur, especially with chemicals. The workers comp will protect the contractor’s employees should they be injured while on your property. It is also important to find out if the contractor meets all local and state codes regarding licensing and special certifications. A reputable Sylacauga AL pest control company will have their insurance and licenses in order and available for your review. Also, ask about any Professional Pest Control Associations they are affiliated with as this will provide a good indication as to their commitment to their business as well as keeping updated on training and safety methods.
- Get a written contract. Once you have completed your due diligence and have selected a qualified Sylacauga AL pest control contractor, get a written contract detailing all of the important points we have discussed. A signed copy of the initial written estimate may suffice as long as it covers all important details. Congratulation! You are well on your way to having your pest issues taken care of by an experienced, licensed and affordable pest control specialist.
Interesting Background on Sylacauga AL
Sylacauga is known for its fine white marble bedrock. This was discovered shortly after settlers moved into the area and has been quarried ever since. The marble industry was the first recorded industry in the Sylacauga area.
Sylacauga is the site of the first documented case of an object from outer space hitting a person. On November 30, 1954, a 4 kg (9 lb) piece of what became known as the Hodges Meteorite crashed through the roof of an Oak Grove house, bounced off a radio, and badly bruised Mrs. Ann Hodges, who was taking an afternoon nap.
The first historical account of the area comes from de Soto's chroniclers as he marched south along the east bank of the Coosa River in 1540, encountering the town of Talisi at the edges of the Mississippian-era chiefdoms of Coosa and Tuskaloosa. The inhabitants of the Coosa River Valley were later united as the Creek Indians, whose encounters with the Spanish and French had a significant influence on the history of Sylacauga. Events that occurred between these three groups were partly responsible for the settlement of the village of Chalakagay in 1748 near modern Sylacauga by refugee Shawnee Indians led by Peter Chartier, and Chalakagay was later listed in the French territorial records in 1759 as being a town inhabited by 50 Shawnee Indian warriors. Late in the summer of 1836 all of the Indians remaining in Alabama were taken west by the United States government. The name Sy-la-cau-ga is derived from the Indian words Chalaka-ge which mean "The Place of the Chalaka Tribe". The city was first incorporated in 1838 as Syllacoga and again in 1887 as Sylacauga.
Several important roads traversed the region as early as the 1830s. Numerous ferries were put across the rivers. In 1852, a plank road was built from Montgomery to Winterboro, Alabama, passing through Sylacauga. The first railroad through Sylacauga was the Anniston and Atlantic Railroad on December 1, 1886. In 1838, the first Sylacauga post office was established, with George Washington Stone, later Chief Justice Stone of Alabama, as postmaster.
Find Pest Control Contractors in Sylacauga AL Now!
Finding qualified, pre-screened Pest Control Contractors in Sylacauga AL is easy. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. Qualified contractors are standing by waiting for your request. So what are you waiting for? Get your pest exterminator proposals and fnd the right contractor at the right price now!
Other Cities in Alabama