How to Hire Northport AL Pest Control Specialists
Are you looking for pest control services in Northport AL due to termites, roaches, spiders or mice? Finding rodents, reptiles or insects in your home can cause distress, but getting rid of them does not have to be stressful. Hiring a professional and reputable local exterminator can be the best solution to your home infestation problems. And because a pest control technician operates within your home or property, often with potentially hazardous or harmful chemicals, it is extremely important to choose an experienced and licensed exterminator who will get the job done safely. So how do you choose a pest control company that will meet your needs at an affordable price? Below are some tips on what to look for when you find bugs or critters have invaded your home.
Decide on the Type of Exterminator You Need
Just as there are many types of insects, reptiles or rodents, there are various Northport AL exterminators who have expertise and experience with only certain types of pests. So the first consideration is finding a local contractor that has the expertise and experience eradicating your specific type of pest. Some of the varmints and creepy crawlers that often need exterminating or removal are:
- Bed bugs
- Fleas and ticks
- Flies and mosquitos
- Birds and bats
- Mice, rats and rodents
- Gophers and moles
- Bees, hornets and wasps
- Wildlife removal
Often price and personal preference are determining factors when selecting a pest control contractor. Name recognition may also come into play as there are several national brands that advertise heavily on television. However each Northport AL service has its own unique characteristics related to experience, reputation and fees for service, so it is important to do your due diligence before making a final choice.
How to Choose The Right Pest Control Company
Choosing the lowest estimate is not always the best way to select a contractor. There are many other factors to consider, such as experience, reputation, materials used, follow up customer support and guarantees. It doesn’t do any good to choose the cheapest Northport AL exterminator if the pests return within a short period of time and the contractor is nowhere to be found. The old adage You Get What You Pay For applies to pest control just as it does to other services, but paying too much is not a wise choice either. So let’s take a look at some tips to make sure that you hire the right pest control professional at the right price for the job.
- Get at least 3 estimates in writing. Just as with hiring any contractor, you will want to interview 3 or 4 Northport AL exterminators and review each of their estimates. Make sure that the bids include materials or chemicals to be used and any special circumstances that need to be addressed. If the contractor provides a warranty, find out the length of the guarantee as well as what is covered. For prolonged projects, the timeline and payment schedule should also be addressed. Never accept a proposal that requires full payment upfront. A reasonable deposit is acceptable to cover upfront material costs before starting.
- Ask for and check references. Before making a selection, ask the Northport AL contractors to provide references from customers that they have worked with fairly recently. If they have to dig way back into the archives to find someone, it may be a red flag. Ask them to provide references for similar jobs if possible. If most of their jobs involve insect extermination and you have a gopher problem, it may not be the right project for them. And when speaking with their past customers, ask not only have they been satisfied with the quality of the pest control service, but also any follow up service that they may have had. Ask if they would recommend the contractor to friends and family or if they would use the company again.
- Invite them to your home. Before hiring a contractor, arrange an in-home inspection so that you can meet the exterminator in person and discuss your situation. The Northport AL pest control contractor should outline his method for treating or removing your pests, any pesticides that he will use as well as potential hazards involved. He should also be able to offer tips on avoiding future infestation as well. Be wary of any contractor who provides a quote sight unseen unless it is a very basic job.
- Check out their reputation. Contact your regional or Alabama pesticide regulatory agency, as well as the Alabama Attorney General to see if any of the Northport AL contractors have had complaints filed against them. Also, check local consumer organizations such as the Better Business Bureau or Google + Local online to find out what their local reputations are for service.
- Check insurance and licensing. It is important before making that final selection that both your home and the workers involved in the project are protected. Ask to see proof of insurance for both liability and workers compensation. The liability insurance will protect you against any damages that may occur, especially with chemicals. The workers comp will protect the contractor’s employees should they be injured while on your property. It is also important to find out if the contractor meets all local and state codes regarding licensing and special certifications. A reputable Northport AL pest control company will have their insurance and licenses in order and available for your review. Also, ask about any Professional Pest Control Associations they are affiliated with as this will provide a good indication as to their commitment to their business as well as keeping updated on training and safety methods.
- Get a written contract. Once you have completed your due diligence and have selected a qualified Northport AL pest control contractor, get a written contract detailing all of the important points we have discussed. A signed copy of the initial written estimate may suffice as long as it covers all important details. Congratulation! You are well on your way to having your pest issues taken care of by an experienced, licensed and affordable pest control specialist.
Interesting Background on Northport AL
Northport is a city in Tuscaloosa County in the west central part of the State of Alabama. Located on the Black Warrior River across from downtown Tuscaloosa, it is currently the 21st largest city in Alabama with an estimated population of 24,497 in 2013. It incorporated in 1871. It is part of the Tuscaloosa Metropolitan Statistical Area.
As Northport is adjacent to the larger city of Tuscaloosa, many residents work in Tuscaloosa or other parts of Tuscaloosa County. Although the two cities share a land boundary, much of their boundary (and historically all of the boundary) is the Black Warrior River.
As of the census of 2000, there were 19,435 people, 7,844 households, and 5,255 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,328.3 people per square mile (512.9/km²). There were 8,509 housing units at an average density of 581.6 per square mile (224.6/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 71.11% White, 26.03% Black or African American, 0.19% Native American, 0.80% Asian, 0.15% Pacific Islander, 1.02% from other races, and 0.70% from two or more races. 1.92% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 7,844 households out of which 32.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.3% were married couples living together, 15.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.0% were non-families. 28.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.41 and the average family size was 2.98.
Find Pest Control Contractors in Northport AL Now!
Finding qualified, pre-screened Pest Control Contractors in Northport AL is easy. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. Qualified contractors are standing by waiting for your request. So what are you waiting for? Get your pest exterminator proposals and fnd the right contractor at the right price now!
Other Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 15
Bing: Northport AL Pest Control Exterminators Search results
ALM Exterminating Northport, NY / Termite Control
Don't let pests get the best of you. Call ALM Exterminating today for fast, safe removal of insects and rodents. We tailor our programs around your pest control needs, so you'll never pay for anything you don't need. The earth care people. Using the latest green scientific treatments, ALM Exterminating will remove unwanted insects and rodents from your property without harming the environment.
Bama Exterminating - 11 Photos - Pest Control - 2800 9th ...
I've used several other pest control companies in the Tuscaloosa area and Bama Exterminating is by far the best. Excellent customer service, arrive at the scheduled time and listen to any… Bama Exterminating - 11 Photos - Pest Control - 2800 9th St, Northport, AL - Phone Number - Yelp
Local Northport Exterminator | Northport, AL Exterminators ...
Contact Bro’s Pest Control for more in-depth pricing on hiring an exterminator in Northport, Alabama. For one-time pest extermination, you’ll generally spend between $200 and $500 for the visit. On the other hand, you may have a bat trapped in the fireplace or a squirrel in the attic, wildlife removal will generally cost about $450 to $550.
4 Best Pest Control Companies - Northport AL | Exterminators
Hire the Best Pest Control Services in Northport, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 205 Homeowner Reviews of Top Northport Pest Control Services. TruGreen, DixieLand Critter Gitter, LLC, Terminix, Velocity Enterprise Corp. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Terminix Northport Exterminators, Termite, & Pest Control
The Terminix Northport Branch of Tuscaloosa serves areas north of Tuscaloosa to Haleyville and Hamilton, south to Livingston and York, west to Reform and Aliceville and east to Centreville and Brent. We protect homes and businesses, offering residential and commercial services to customers seeking effective termite and pest control.
termite.com > Northport AL > Pest Control > Exterminators
In brief, if you are a home owner in Northport AL, we recommend you obtain the services of a termite control company in Northport AL that uses the safer, more effective termite control products, such as Premise and Termidor - discussed in detail in this website.
Best 5 Pest Control Companies in Northport, AL for 2019 ...
Top Rated Pest Control Providers in Northport The American pest control industry is over a century old, and no matter where you live there are dozens of companies vying for your attention.
Northport AL - 1|Pest Control Exterminator
Pest Control Exterminator We specialize in pest control extermination of ants and spiders (including Brown Recluse and Black Widows), as well as fleas, ticks, crickets, scorpions, wasps, and even mice and rats. Because your comfort and safety is our top priority, we only use the safest products and treatment methods available.