How to Hire Gilbert AZ Pest Control Specialists
Are you looking for pest control services in Gilbert AZ due to termites, roaches, spiders or mice? Finding rodents, reptiles or insects in your home can cause distress, but getting rid of them does not have to be stressful. Hiring a professional and reputable local exterminator can be the best solution to your home infestation problems. And because a pest control technician operates within your home or property, often with potentially hazardous or harmful chemicals, it is extremely important to choose an experienced and licensed exterminator who will get the job done safely. So how do you choose a pest control company that will meet your needs at an affordable price? Below are some tips on what to look for when you find bugs or critters have invaded your home.
Decide on the Type of Exterminator You Need
Just as there are many types of insects, reptiles or rodents, there are various Gilbert AZ exterminators who have expertise and experience with only certain types of pests. So the first consideration is finding a local contractor that has the expertise and experience eradicating your specific type of pest. Some of the varmints and creepy crawlers that often need exterminating or removal are:
- Bed bugs
- Fleas and ticks
- Flies and mosquitos
- Birds and bats
- Mice, rats and rodents
- Gophers and moles
- Bees, hornets and wasps
- Wildlife removal
Often price and personal preference are determining factors when selecting a pest control contractor. Name recognition may also come into play as there are several national brands that advertise heavily on television. However each Gilbert AZ service has its own unique characteristics related to experience, reputation and fees for service, so it is important to do your due diligence before making a final choice.
How to Choose The Right Pest Control Company
Choosing the lowest estimate is not always the best way to select a contractor. There are many other factors to consider, such as experience, reputation, materials used, follow up customer support and guarantees. It doesn’t do any good to choose the cheapest Gilbert AZ exterminator if the pests return within a short period of time and the contractor is nowhere to be found. The old adage You Get What You Pay For applies to pest control just as it does to other services, but paying too much is not a wise choice either. So let’s take a look at some tips to make sure that you hire the right pest control professional at the right price for the job.
- Get at least 3 estimates in writing. Just as with hiring any contractor, you will want to interview 3 or 4 Gilbert AZ exterminators and review each of their estimates. Make sure that the bids include materials or chemicals to be used and any special circumstances that need to be addressed. If the contractor provides a warranty, find out the length of the guarantee as well as what is covered. For prolonged projects, the timeline and payment schedule should also be addressed. Never accept a proposal that requires full payment upfront. A reasonable deposit is acceptable to cover upfront material costs before starting.
- Ask for and check references. Before making a selection, ask the Gilbert AZ contractors to provide references from customers that they have worked with fairly recently. If they have to dig way back into the archives to find someone, it may be a red flag. Ask them to provide references for similar jobs if possible. If most of their jobs involve insect extermination and you have a gopher problem, it may not be the right project for them. And when speaking with their past customers, ask not only have they been satisfied with the quality of the pest control service, but also any follow up service that they may have had. Ask if they would recommend the contractor to friends and family or if they would use the company again.
- Invite them to your home. Before hiring a contractor, arrange an in-home inspection so that you can meet the exterminator in person and discuss your situation. The Gilbert AZ pest control contractor should outline his method for treating or removing your pests, any pesticides that he will use as well as potential hazards involved. He should also be able to offer tips on avoiding future infestation as well. Be wary of any contractor who provides a quote sight unseen unless it is a very basic job.
- Check out their reputation. Contact your regional or Arizona pesticide regulatory agency, as well as the Arizona Attorney General to see if any of the Gilbert AZ contractors have had complaints filed against them. Also, check local consumer organizations such as the Better Business Bureau or Google + Local online to find out what their local reputations are for service.
- Check insurance and licensing. It is important before making that final selection that both your home and the workers involved in the project are protected. Ask to see proof of insurance for both liability and workers compensation. The liability insurance will protect you against any damages that may occur, especially with chemicals. The workers comp will protect the contractor’s employees should they be injured while on your property. It is also important to find out if the contractor meets all local and state codes regarding licensing and special certifications. A reputable Gilbert AZ pest control company will have their insurance and licenses in order and available for your review. Also, ask about any Professional Pest Control Associations they are affiliated with as this will provide a good indication as to their commitment to their business as well as keeping updated on training and safety methods.
- Get a written contract. Once you have completed your due diligence and have selected a qualified Gilbert AZ pest control contractor, get a written contract detailing all of the important points we have discussed. A signed copy of the initial written estimate may suffice as long as it covers all important details. Congratulation! You are well on your way to having your pest issues taken care of by an experienced, licensed and affordable pest control specialist.
Interesting Background on Gilbert AZ
Gilbert is a town in Maricopa County, Arizona, United States, located southeast of Phoenix, within the Phoenix metropolitan area. Once known as the "Hay Shipping Capital of the World", Gilbert is currently the most populous incorporated town in the United States. It is the sixth-largest municipality in Arizona, and the fifth-largest in the Metropolitan Phoenix Area.
Gilbert encompasses 76 square miles (197 km2) and has made a rapid transformation from an agriculture-based community to an economically diverse suburban center located in the southeast valley of the Greater Phoenix area. In the last three decades, Gilbert has grown at an extremely high rate, increasing in population from 5,717 in 1980 to 208,453 as of the 2010 census. The town grew at an average annual growth rate of nearly 13% during this 30-year period.
Gilbert owes its beginnings to William "Bobby" Gilbert who provided land to the Arizona Eastern Railway in 1902 to construct a rail line between Phoenix and Florence, Arizona. Ayer's Grocery Store, the first store in Gilbert, opened in 1910 and became the location of the first post office in 1912. The location of the town post office moved several times before settling on the east side of Gilbert Road in downtown, where it still stands today. In 1912, many Mormons who had fled the Mormon colonies in Mexico due to the actions of the forces of Pancho Villa settled in Gilbert. By 1915, they began holding church meetings at the Gilbert Elementary School. In 1918, they were organized into the Gilbert Ward.
Incorporated in July 1920, Gilbert was primarily a farming community fueled by the rail line and construction of the Roosevelt Dam and the Eastern and Consolidated Canals. It remained an agricultural town for many years and was known as the "Hay Capital of the World" from 1911 until the late 1920s.
Find Pest Control Contractors in Gilbert AZ Now!
Finding qualified, pre-screened Pest Control Contractors in Gilbert AZ is easy. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. Qualified contractors are standing by waiting for your request. So what are you waiting for? Get your pest exterminator proposals and fnd the right contractor at the right price now!
Other Cities in Arizona
Business Results 1 - 10 of 214
Bing: Gilbert AZ Pest Control Exterminators Search results
pest extermination - Gilbert, AZ - Bryant Pest Control
Bryant Pest Control is located in Gilbert, AZ and proudly serves the communities of Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert, Queen Creek, San Tan Valley, Tempe, Maricopa and Phoenix, AZ.
Pest Control Gilbert, AZ
When you partner with Pest Control Gilbert, AZ for your pest control needs in Northern California, you’re not just another account number to us – you’re part of the community we love! At Pest Control Gilbert, AZ, you’re not just another customer to check off the list. As a locally-owned…
Chandler Exterminator Pest Control Gilbert Arizona
Quality residential and commercial pest control and exterminator services in the Phoenix, Gilbert & Chandler, Arizona area. Simply Green Pest Control in Chandler and Gilbert, AZ is your local, family owned and operated, go-to solution for affordable, efficient, and environmentally safe exterminator and pest control solutions.
Pest Control Gilbert, AZ | Western Exterminator
The Gilbert pest control team provides pest control solutions for both residential and commercial customers. Green pest control services Western Exterminator specialists know what it takes to make sure your family and your investment are protected from pests.
Best 10 Pest Control Companies in Gilbert, AZ for 2019 ...
Top Rated Pest Control Providers in Gilbert. The American pest control industry is over a century old, and no matter where you live there are dozens of companies vying for your attention.
Guaranteed Pest Control Gilbert Mesa Chandler ...
Read more Guaranteed Pest Control in Gilbert, AZ. Take a look and tell us what you think! If you live in AZ let us know if we can help with your pest control needs. People & Blogs. pest control, my company, scorpions, gilbert arizona, mesa arizona, chandler arizona, queencreek arizona, no contract, ants, roaches, spiders, crickets, pest control truck, pest control rig, do work, pest free ...
Gilbert AZ Pest Control | Exterminators In Gilbert, Arizona
Residential Pest Control In Gilbert, AZ. Year-round pest control is the best defense a homeowner can have against the household pests that are active throughout the year; and by partnering with Schendel Pest Services, we can guarantee that your home will remain pest-free for a full year! Our Premium Care program offers a full 365 days of ...
Gilbert, AZ Pest Control, Termite Inspector & Exterminator ...
Find the residential and commercial pest control solutions offered at your local Terminix 2775 branch. We service Gilbert and surrounding areas.
Gilbert, AZ Pest Control | Phoenix, AZ Pest Exterminator ...
"Pest Control Solutions has managed our commercial property for the past five years. We have over 650,000 square feet of commercial building space and the level of quality and service that their technicians provide has been outstanding!
Guaranteed Pest Control - Gilbert, AZ - Yelp
72 reviews of Guaranteed Pest Control "We recently moved to a new construction home in Gilbert, Arizona. Bugs, spiders, and scorpions are commonly found here. After researching a lot and talking with multiple companies, I decided to go with…