How to Hire Shreveport LA Pest Control Specialists
Are you looking for pest control services in Shreveport LA due to termites, roaches, spiders or mice? Finding rodents, reptiles or insects in your home can cause distress, but getting rid of them does not have to be stressful. Hiring a professional and reputable local exterminator can be the best solution to your home infestation problems. And because a pest control technician operates within your home or property, often with potentially hazardous or harmful chemicals, it is extremely important to choose an experienced and licensed exterminator who will get the job done safely. So how do you choose a pest control company that will meet your needs at an affordable price? Below are some tips on what to look for when you find bugs or critters have invaded your home.
Decide on the Type of Exterminator You Need
Just as there are many types of insects, reptiles or rodents, there are various Shreveport LA exterminators who have expertise and experience with only certain types of pests. So the first consideration is finding a local contractor that has the expertise and experience eradicating your specific type of pest. Some of the varmints and creepy crawlers that often need exterminating or removal are:
- Bed bugs
- Fleas and ticks
- Flies and mosquitos
- Birds and bats
- Mice, rats and rodents
- Gophers and moles
- Bees, hornets and wasps
- Wildlife removal
Often price and personal preference are determining factors when selecting a pest control contractor. Name recognition may also come into play as there are several national brands that advertise heavily on television. However each Shreveport LA service has its own unique characteristics related to experience, reputation and fees for service, so it is important to do your due diligence before making a final choice.
How to Choose The Right Pest Control Company
Choosing the lowest estimate is not always the best way to select a contractor. There are many other factors to consider, such as experience, reputation, materials used, follow up customer support and guarantees. It doesn’t do any good to choose the cheapest Shreveport LA exterminator if the pests return within a short period of time and the contractor is nowhere to be found. The old adage You Get What You Pay For applies to pest control just as it does to other services, but paying too much is not a wise choice either. So let’s take a look at some tips to make sure that you hire the right pest control professional at the right price for the job.
- Get at least 3 estimates in writing. Just as with hiring any contractor, you will want to interview 3 or 4 Shreveport LA exterminators and review each of their estimates. Make sure that the bids include materials or chemicals to be used and any special circumstances that need to be addressed. If the contractor provides a warranty, find out the length of the guarantee as well as what is covered. For prolonged projects, the timeline and payment schedule should also be addressed. Never accept a proposal that requires full payment upfront. A reasonable deposit is acceptable to cover upfront material costs before starting.
- Ask for and check references. Before making a selection, ask the Shreveport LA contractors to provide references from customers that they have worked with fairly recently. If they have to dig way back into the archives to find someone, it may be a red flag. Ask them to provide references for similar jobs if possible. If most of their jobs involve insect extermination and you have a gopher problem, it may not be the right project for them. And when speaking with their past customers, ask not only have they been satisfied with the quality of the pest control service, but also any follow up service that they may have had. Ask if they would recommend the contractor to friends and family or if they would use the company again.
- Invite them to your home. Before hiring a contractor, arrange an in-home inspection so that you can meet the exterminator in person and discuss your situation. The Shreveport LA pest control contractor should outline his method for treating or removing your pests, any pesticides that he will use as well as potential hazards involved. He should also be able to offer tips on avoiding future infestation as well. Be wary of any contractor who provides a quote sight unseen unless it is a very basic job.
- Check out their reputation. Contact your regional or Louisiana pesticide regulatory agency, as well as the Louisiana Attorney General to see if any of the Shreveport LA contractors have had complaints filed against them. Also, check local consumer organizations such as the Better Business Bureau or Google + Local online to find out what their local reputations are for service.
- Check insurance and licensing. It is important before making that final selection that both your home and the workers involved in the project are protected. Ask to see proof of insurance for both liability and workers compensation. The liability insurance will protect you against any damages that may occur, especially with chemicals. The workers comp will protect the contractor’s employees should they be injured while on your property. It is also important to find out if the contractor meets all local and state codes regarding licensing and special certifications. A reputable Shreveport LA pest control company will have their insurance and licenses in order and available for your review. Also, ask about any Professional Pest Control Associations they are affiliated with as this will provide a good indication as to their commitment to their business as well as keeping updated on training and safety methods.
- Get a written contract. Once you have completed your due diligence and have selected a qualified Shreveport LA pest control contractor, get a written contract detailing all of the important points we have discussed. A signed copy of the initial written estimate may suffice as long as it covers all important details. Congratulation! You are well on your way to having your pest issues taken care of by an experienced, licensed and affordable pest control specialist.
Interesting Background on Shreveport LA
Shreveport (/ˈʃriːvpɔːrt/ SHREEV-port) is the third-largest city in the state of Louisiana and the 122nd-largest city in the United States. It is the seat of Caddo Parish and extends along the Red River (most notably at Wright Island, the Charles and Marie Hamel Memorial Park, and Bagley Island) into neighboring Bossier Parish. Bossier City is separated from Shreveport by the Red River. The population of Shreveport was 199,311 in 2010, and the Shreveport-Bossier City Metropolitan Area population exceeds 441,000. The Shreveport-Bossier City Metropolitan Statistical Area ranks 111th in the United States, according to the United States Census Bureau.
Shreveport was founded in 1836 by the Shreve Town Company, a corporation established to develop a town at the juncture of the newly navigable Red River and the Texas Trail, an overland route into the newly independent Republic of Texas and, prior to that time, into Mexico.
Shreveport was established to launch a town at the meeting point of the Red River and the Texas Trail. The Red River was cleared and made newly navigable by Captain Henry Miller Shreve, who led the United States Army Corps of Engineers effort to clear the Red River. A 180-mile-long (290 km) natural log jam, the Great Raft, had previously obstructed passage to shipping. Shreve used a specially modified riverboat, the Heliopolis, to remove the log jam. The company and the village of Shreve Town were named in Shreve's honor.
Shreve Town was originally contained within the boundaries of a section of land sold to the company in 1835 by the indigenous Caddo Indians. In 1838 Caddo Parish was created from the large Natchitoches Parish, and Shreve Town became its parish seat. On March 20, 1839, the town was incorporated as Shreveport. Originally, the town consisted of 64 city blocks, created by eight streets running west from the Red River and eight streets running south from Cross Bayou, one of its tributaries.
Find Pest Control Contractors in Shreveport LA Now!
Finding qualified, pre-screened Pest Control Contractors in Shreveport LA is easy. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. Qualified contractors are standing by waiting for your request. So what are you waiting for? Get your pest exterminator proposals and fnd the right contractor at the right price now!
Other Cities in Louisiana
Business Results 1 - 10 of 4
Bing: Shreveport LA Pest Control Exterminators Search results
Termite and Pest Control Shreveport, LA
Your Shreveport Pest Control Experts. If you’ve ever seen a mouse scurry across the floor, or had ants take over your kitchen, then you know the kind of problems that unwanted pests inside your home can cause. If the thought of a rodent or cockroach in your home makes you anxious, just know that you are correct to be concerned.
Pest Control, Shreveport Pests, Shreveport Termites, Ants ...
Permatox Pest Control is the Shreveport Extermination leader. Termite Treatments, Mosquito Control, Residential and Commercial are our specialties. Pest Control, Shreveport Pests, Shreveport Termites, Ants, Mosquitos, Roaches, Shreveport, Bossier City
Redd Pest Control | Shreveport, LA - Termite Service
At Redd Pest Control, our professionals are always on call for your pest control needs in Shreveport-Bossier City. From ants to rodents to termites, and bed bugs, we have the right tools and experience to solve your pest problems fast.
Shreveport, LA Exterminator, Pest Control & Termite Inspector
Shreveport Pest Pressure. Shreveport, LA, has had a longstanding issue with fleas and ticks. Both types of pests are parasites that rely on the blood of humans or other animals to survive. Fleas tend to favor animal hosts and spend much of their lives in the fur of cats, dogs, rabbits, or rodents.
Vexcon - Pest Control Company | Shreveport | Bossier ...
Vexcon is a family business that started in Bossier City, Louisiana in May, 1996. Currently serving the Shreveport / Bossier Metro area. In 1997 Bill, our Licensee, was elected President of the Northwest Louisiana Pest Control Association.
Anti-Pest | Termite and Pest Control
For over 69 years, Anti-Pest has been locally owned and operated, providing full service pest control, termite control and wildlife control to the Shreveport, Bossier City and surrounding areas. Call, text or email us and let one of our experienced, highly trained and courteous employees help you with your pest problem. Our experts are here 24/7 to discuss any pest concerns you may have!
Best 5 Pest Control Companies in Shreveport, LA for 2020 ...
Read reviews and compare pest control companies in Shreveport, LA. Top rated pest control companies in Shreveport include Orkin, Terminix, Trutech & TruGreen. Read Reviews; DIY Pest Control. ... Terminix is one of the oldest companies in the industry with the most experience in termite treatment and control. With wide availability throughout ...
Terminix Termite & Pest Control Shreveport Exterminators ...
A Terminix Commercial Pest control plan will give you everything you need to help protect the property from pests and pest damage, as well as helping to protect your employees and customers. From bird control to bed bug services, we've got Shreveport covered. There’s simply no room for pests in a clean, sanitary and well-run business.
Top 5 Best Shreveport LA Pest Exterminators | Angie's List
Business Description: Twin City Exterminating is a family-owned and operated termite and pest control business in the Shreveport / Bossier City area that has been protecting homes and businesses from termite infestations and household pests since 1978. We are the owners, father and son Dominick and John Digilormo, and between us we have over 50 ...
The 10 Best Pest Control & Exterminators in Shreveport, LA ...
The most trusted pest control & exterminators in Shreveport, LA are on Porch. They have excellent community reviews, high BBB ratings & are backed by our $1000 quality guarantee.