How to Hire West Point GA Pest Control Specialists
Are you looking for pest control services in West Point GA due to termites, roaches, spiders or mice? Finding rodents, reptiles or insects in your home can cause distress, but getting rid of them does not have to be stressful. Hiring a professional and reputable local exterminator can be the best solution to your home infestation problems. And because a pest control technician operates within your home or property, often with potentially hazardous or harmful chemicals, it is extremely important to choose an experienced and licensed exterminator who will get the job done safely. So how do you choose a pest control company that will meet your needs at an affordable price? Below are some tips on what to look for when you find bugs or critters have invaded your home.
Decide on the Type of Exterminator You Need
Just as there are many types of insects, reptiles or rodents, there are various West Point GA exterminators who have expertise and experience with only certain types of pests. So the first consideration is finding a local contractor that has the expertise and experience eradicating your specific type of pest. Some of the varmints and creepy crawlers that often need exterminating or removal are:
- Bed bugs
- Fleas and ticks
- Flies and mosquitos
- Birds and bats
- Mice, rats and rodents
- Gophers and moles
- Bees, hornets and wasps
- Wildlife removal
Often price and personal preference are determining factors when selecting a pest control contractor. Name recognition may also come into play as there are several national brands that advertise heavily on television. However each West Point GA service has its own unique characteristics related to experience, reputation and fees for service, so it is important to do your due diligence before making a final choice.
How to Choose The Right Pest Control Company
Choosing the lowest estimate is not always the best way to select a contractor. There are many other factors to consider, such as experience, reputation, materials used, follow up customer support and guarantees. It doesn’t do any good to choose the cheapest West Point GA exterminator if the pests return within a short period of time and the contractor is nowhere to be found. The old adage You Get What You Pay For applies to pest control just as it does to other services, but paying too much is not a wise choice either. So let’s take a look at some tips to make sure that you hire the right pest control professional at the right price for the job.
- Get at least 3 estimates in writing. Just as with hiring any contractor, you will want to interview 3 or 4 West Point GA exterminators and review each of their estimates. Make sure that the bids include materials or chemicals to be used and any special circumstances that need to be addressed. If the contractor provides a warranty, find out the length of the guarantee as well as what is covered. For prolonged projects, the timeline and payment schedule should also be addressed. Never accept a proposal that requires full payment upfront. A reasonable deposit is acceptable to cover upfront material costs before starting.
- Ask for and check references. Before making a selection, ask the West Point GA contractors to provide references from customers that they have worked with fairly recently. If they have to dig way back into the archives to find someone, it may be a red flag. Ask them to provide references for similar jobs if possible. If most of their jobs involve insect extermination and you have a gopher problem, it may not be the right project for them. And when speaking with their past customers, ask not only have they been satisfied with the quality of the pest control service, but also any follow up service that they may have had. Ask if they would recommend the contractor to friends and family or if they would use the company again.
- Invite them to your home. Before hiring a contractor, arrange an in-home inspection so that you can meet the exterminator in person and discuss your situation. The West Point GA pest control contractor should outline his method for treating or removing your pests, any pesticides that he will use as well as potential hazards involved. He should also be able to offer tips on avoiding future infestation as well. Be wary of any contractor who provides a quote sight unseen unless it is a very basic job.
- Check out their reputation. Contact your regional or Georgia pesticide regulatory agency, as well as the Georgia Attorney General to see if any of the West Point GA contractors have had complaints filed against them. Also, check local consumer organizations such as the Better Business Bureau or Google + Local online to find out what their local reputations are for service.
- Check insurance and licensing. It is important before making that final selection that both your home and the workers involved in the project are protected. Ask to see proof of insurance for both liability and workers compensation. The liability insurance will protect you against any damages that may occur, especially with chemicals. The workers comp will protect the contractor’s employees should they be injured while on your property. It is also important to find out if the contractor meets all local and state codes regarding licensing and special certifications. A reputable West Point GA pest control company will have their insurance and licenses in order and available for your review. Also, ask about any Professional Pest Control Associations they are affiliated with as this will provide a good indication as to their commitment to their business as well as keeping updated on training and safety methods.
- Get a written contract. Once you have completed your due diligence and have selected a qualified West Point GA pest control contractor, get a written contract detailing all of the important points we have discussed. A signed copy of the initial written estimate may suffice as long as it covers all important details. Congratulation! You are well on your way to having your pest issues taken care of by an experienced, licensed and affordable pest control specialist.
Interesting Background on West Point GA
West Point, Georgia
West Point is a city in Troup County, with a small tail of the south end of town in Harris County, in the U.S. state of Georgia. As of the 2010 census, it had a population of 3,474, and in 2015 the estimated population was 3,728. The portion of the city in Troup County is part of the LaGrange Micropolitan Statistical Area, and hence part of the Atlanta-Athens-Clarke County-Sandy Springs, GA Combined Statistical Area. The portion in Harris County is part of the Columbus Columbus metropolitan area.
The city's present name comes from its being near the westernmost point of the Chattahoochee River, where the river turns from its southwesterly flow from the Appalachian Mountains to due south – for all practical purposes – and forms the boundary with Alabama. The large nearby reservoir, West Point Lake, was created by the Army Corps of Engineers by the building of the West Point Dam, for water storage and hydroelectric power generation. The reservoir stores water which can be released during dry seasons, in order to maintain the water level of the navigable inland waterway from Columbus, Georgia, south to the Gulf of Mexico.
During the late spring of 2003, there was a flood caused by extremely heavy rainfall and thunderstorms upstream of the West Point Dam; the weather caused the water level in the reservoir to come close to overflowing the top of the dam. There were allegations of poor forecasting by the Corps of Engineers of the reservoir's water levels. The flood water would have overflowed the dam had a large amount of water not been released though the spillway of the dam. Whereas this prevented the catastrophic failure of the West Point Dam, the city endured a flood much more severe than any other in the time since the dam had been built.
In the mid-19th century, the Atlanta & LaGrange Railroad was established and soon renamed the Atlanta & West Point Railroad, using the name of West Point; the city of East Point, Fulton County, Georgia, received its name for being at the northeastern end of this railroad line. The rail line linked metropolitan Atlanta with the lower reaches of the Chattahoochee River, with Columbus, and with Montgomery, Alabama, via the Montgomery & West Point Railroad.
Find Pest Control Contractors in West Point GA Now!
Finding qualified, pre-screened Pest Control Contractors in West Point GA is easy. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. Qualified contractors are standing by waiting for your request. So what are you waiting for? Get your pest exterminator proposals and fnd the right contractor at the right price now!
Other Cities in Georgia
Business Results 1 - 10 of 3
Bing: West Point GA Pest Control Exterminators Search results
The Life at Lakeview Apartments - College Park, GA ...
See all available apartments for rent at The Life at Lakeview in College Park, GA. The Life at Lakeview has rental units ranging from 527-1174 sq ft starting at $670.
Lassiter High School Baseball
A Proud History of Going Beyond the Call® Family owned and operated since 1964, Arrow Exterminators is a pest control company that believes in going Beyond the Call for our customers to protect their families, homes and businesses using the most effective and environmentally responsible methods available on the market today.
Lint Bugs | Pest Control and Bug Exterminator Blog
We had a gentleman call for a service quote, and said he had tiny white bugs biting him. He said they were jumping all over his house and he had bites all over his ankles and legs. We sent a technician out to assess the situation and bring back a sample of the bugs in question. The technician went to the man's home, and looked everywhere for the bugs the man had called about.
25 Best Pest Control Companies - Orlando FL | Exterminators
Hire the Best Pest Control Services in Orlando, FL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 1729 Homeowner Reviews of Top Orlando Pest Control Services. Pro-Tek Services of Central Florida, Inc., AAAC Wildlife Removal of Orlando, Liberty Critter Catchers, Trapline WildLife Services, Inc., Pro Service Pest Solutions, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
How Much Does Termite Fumigation Cost? - Networx
Termites are a major threat to homes, particularly in warmer climates like Durham, though some form of termite can be found in most US states.The little, ant-like insects can cause serious structural damage to homes, eating wood, insulation, paper and more.
All games | Addicting Games
Search . Games; Hot; Multiplayer; Register; Login; All 5,453 Games Archive
BedBugs.org - The Web's #1 Bed Bug Resource
In fact, recent health reports have illustrated the danger of bug control chemicals to human health. The Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, which tracks injuries in eight different U.S. states, revealed that more than 400 people were injured and/or became ill after using bug bombs in their homes in 2008.
Trutech Testimonials & Customer Reviews
Great Service! I wanted to let you know that I can not say enough good things about your tech Michael Beall! I have four dogs and only one had a slight issue with his presence at first and now he has won over all of them along with us too!!!
25 Best Pest Control Companies - Houston TX | Exterminators
Hire the Best Pest Control Services in Houston, TX on HomeAdvisor. We Have 2740 Homeowner Reviews of Top Houston Pest Control Services. Guardtech Pest Management, SEW Pest Control, Green Earth Exterminators, LLC, Guaranteed Rodent Removal Services, LLC, New Leaf Pest Control, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Reference Guide for Indoor Air Quality in Schools ...
Understanding the importance of good indoor air quality (IAQ) in schools is the backbone of developing an effective IAQ program. Poor IAQ can lead to a large variety of health problems and potentially affect comfort, concentration and staff/student performance. In recognition of tight school budgets ...