How to Hire Lineville AL Pest Control Specialists
Are you looking for pest control services in Lineville AL due to termites, roaches, spiders or mice? Finding rodents, reptiles or insects in your home can cause distress, but getting rid of them does not have to be stressful. Hiring a professional and reputable local exterminator can be the best solution to your home infestation problems. And because a pest control technician operates within your home or property, often with potentially hazardous or harmful chemicals, it is extremely important to choose an experienced and licensed exterminator who will get the job done safely. So how do you choose a pest control company that will meet your needs at an affordable price? Below are some tips on what to look for when you find bugs or critters have invaded your home.
Decide on the Type of Exterminator You Need
Just as there are many types of insects, reptiles or rodents, there are various Lineville AL exterminators who have expertise and experience with only certain types of pests. So the first consideration is finding a local contractor that has the expertise and experience eradicating your specific type of pest. Some of the varmints and creepy crawlers that often need exterminating or removal are:
- Bed bugs
- Fleas and ticks
- Flies and mosquitos
- Birds and bats
- Mice, rats and rodents
- Gophers and moles
- Bees, hornets and wasps
- Wildlife removal
Often price and personal preference are determining factors when selecting a pest control contractor. Name recognition may also come into play as there are several national brands that advertise heavily on television. However each Lineville AL service has its own unique characteristics related to experience, reputation and fees for service, so it is important to do your due diligence before making a final choice.
How to Choose The Right Pest Control Company
Choosing the lowest estimate is not always the best way to select a contractor. There are many other factors to consider, such as experience, reputation, materials used, follow up customer support and guarantees. It doesn’t do any good to choose the cheapest Lineville AL exterminator if the pests return within a short period of time and the contractor is nowhere to be found. The old adage You Get What You Pay For applies to pest control just as it does to other services, but paying too much is not a wise choice either. So let’s take a look at some tips to make sure that you hire the right pest control professional at the right price for the job.
- Get at least 3 estimates in writing. Just as with hiring any contractor, you will want to interview 3 or 4 Lineville AL exterminators and review each of their estimates. Make sure that the bids include materials or chemicals to be used and any special circumstances that need to be addressed. If the contractor provides a warranty, find out the length of the guarantee as well as what is covered. For prolonged projects, the timeline and payment schedule should also be addressed. Never accept a proposal that requires full payment upfront. A reasonable deposit is acceptable to cover upfront material costs before starting.
- Ask for and check references. Before making a selection, ask the Lineville AL contractors to provide references from customers that they have worked with fairly recently. If they have to dig way back into the archives to find someone, it may be a red flag. Ask them to provide references for similar jobs if possible. If most of their jobs involve insect extermination and you have a gopher problem, it may not be the right project for them. And when speaking with their past customers, ask not only have they been satisfied with the quality of the pest control service, but also any follow up service that they may have had. Ask if they would recommend the contractor to friends and family or if they would use the company again.
- Invite them to your home. Before hiring a contractor, arrange an in-home inspection so that you can meet the exterminator in person and discuss your situation. The Lineville AL pest control contractor should outline his method for treating or removing your pests, any pesticides that he will use as well as potential hazards involved. He should also be able to offer tips on avoiding future infestation as well. Be wary of any contractor who provides a quote sight unseen unless it is a very basic job.
- Check out their reputation. Contact your regional or Alabama pesticide regulatory agency, as well as the Alabama Attorney General to see if any of the Lineville AL contractors have had complaints filed against them. Also, check local consumer organizations such as the Better Business Bureau or Google + Local online to find out what their local reputations are for service.
- Check insurance and licensing. It is important before making that final selection that both your home and the workers involved in the project are protected. Ask to see proof of insurance for both liability and workers compensation. The liability insurance will protect you against any damages that may occur, especially with chemicals. The workers comp will protect the contractor’s employees should they be injured while on your property. It is also important to find out if the contractor meets all local and state codes regarding licensing and special certifications. A reputable Lineville AL pest control company will have their insurance and licenses in order and available for your review. Also, ask about any Professional Pest Control Associations they are affiliated with as this will provide a good indication as to their commitment to their business as well as keeping updated on training and safety methods.
- Get a written contract. Once you have completed your due diligence and have selected a qualified Lineville AL pest control contractor, get a written contract detailing all of the important points we have discussed. A signed copy of the initial written estimate may suffice as long as it covers all important details. Congratulation! You are well on your way to having your pest issues taken care of by an experienced, licensed and affordable pest control specialist.
Interesting Background on Lineville AL
Native Americans were the first to inhabit the area now known as Lineville. The Creek Indian War of 1813, however, resulted in their removal. The first white settlers in the area were William and Thomas Lundie. Their settlement became known as Lundie's Cross Roads after a trading post opened in the 1830s to serve pioneers and miners searching for gold. In 1856, Lundie's Cross Roads became known as County Line, probably for the Baptist Church, founded in 1848 and located on what was then the boundary line between Talladega and Randolph counties. Also in 1856, a post office was established in County Line, schools were consolidated and corn and cotton became cash crops.
The Town of (Crooked Creek) Lineville was built on what was at that time the dividing line between Talladega and Randolph Counties, hence the name, Lineville. John H. Ingram, Sr. of Lineville, Alabama furnishes the following early history: “Crooked Creek Baptist Church, later Lineville, was organized in 1839 and built one and one quarter miles west of the town of Lineville about 200 yards northwest of the home of Frank Pittard; and the first literary school of the community was nearby. Some years later the church was moved a short distance and a house was built on the left side of the public road near the residence of the late Thomas H. Harris. In about 1863 the church was moved into the town of Lineville and a house built just west of the present grammar school building; the name was changed to Lineville Baptist Church in 1881 and legally incorporated in 1912; the first Circuit Court that was held in the new County of Clay, was held in the Lineville Baptist Church in 1867, with John Henderson of Talladega, Alabama, as a judge. The present new brick building was built in 1915 and 1916, with the first service held on March 1st, 1916, with prayer and thanksgiving service conducted by J.H. Ingram, Sr., and C.N. James, pastor.”
One of the newest attractions in Clay County in the 1920s, was the chicken business. Millions of chickens and eggs and long chicken houses In or about 1921, Reverend Secelar Claxton Ray took one hundred, day-old chicks to the Clay County Fair and put them under an oil burning brooder and called attention to the advantage of using chickens on the farm to supplement the ‘all cotton’ cash crop. This was something new, but it did gradually got the attention of the local farmers. He was now fully in the poultry business, and named it Goodwill Poultry Farm and Hatchery. He bought houses then idle at the local graphite mines in Clay County and hired neighbors in their spare time and built the hatchery and chicken houses and an extra tenant house on the farm, southeast of Ashland, Alabama whose population of close to one thousand had grown considerably from two hundred in 1881.
The Civil War saw some 56 area men interred in the Old Lineville Cemetery. By the end of the war, Confederate money had become useless and the area suffered hardships. Clay County formed in 1866. The town's name was officially changed to Lineville in 1870 when it became the temporary seat of government for Clay County.
Find Pest Control Contractors in Lineville AL Now!
Finding qualified, pre-screened Pest Control Contractors in Lineville AL is easy. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. Qualified contractors are standing by waiting for your request. So what are you waiting for? Get your pest exterminator proposals and fnd the right contractor at the right price now!
Other Cities in Alabama