How to Hire Lafayette AL Pest Control Specialists
Are you looking for pest control services in Lafayette AL due to termites, roaches, spiders or mice? Finding rodents, reptiles or insects in your home can cause distress, but getting rid of them does not have to be stressful. Hiring a professional and reputable local exterminator can be the best solution to your home infestation problems. And because a pest control technician operates within your home or property, often with potentially hazardous or harmful chemicals, it is extremely important to choose an experienced and licensed exterminator who will get the job done safely. So how do you choose a pest control company that will meet your needs at an affordable price? Below are some tips on what to look for when you find bugs or critters have invaded your home.
Decide on the Type of Exterminator You Need
Just as there are many types of insects, reptiles or rodents, there are various Lafayette AL exterminators who have expertise and experience with only certain types of pests. So the first consideration is finding a local contractor that has the expertise and experience eradicating your specific type of pest. Some of the varmints and creepy crawlers that often need exterminating or removal are:
- Bed bugs
- Fleas and ticks
- Flies and mosquitos
- Birds and bats
- Mice, rats and rodents
- Gophers and moles
- Bees, hornets and wasps
- Wildlife removal
Often price and personal preference are determining factors when selecting a pest control contractor. Name recognition may also come into play as there are several national brands that advertise heavily on television. However each Lafayette AL service has its own unique characteristics related to experience, reputation and fees for service, so it is important to do your due diligence before making a final choice.
How to Choose The Right Pest Control Company
Choosing the lowest estimate is not always the best way to select a contractor. There are many other factors to consider, such as experience, reputation, materials used, follow up customer support and guarantees. It doesn’t do any good to choose the cheapest Lafayette AL exterminator if the pests return within a short period of time and the contractor is nowhere to be found. The old adage You Get What You Pay For applies to pest control just as it does to other services, but paying too much is not a wise choice either. So let’s take a look at some tips to make sure that you hire the right pest control professional at the right price for the job.
- Get at least 3 estimates in writing. Just as with hiring any contractor, you will want to interview 3 or 4 Lafayette AL exterminators and review each of their estimates. Make sure that the bids include materials or chemicals to be used and any special circumstances that need to be addressed. If the contractor provides a warranty, find out the length of the guarantee as well as what is covered. For prolonged projects, the timeline and payment schedule should also be addressed. Never accept a proposal that requires full payment upfront. A reasonable deposit is acceptable to cover upfront material costs before starting.
- Ask for and check references. Before making a selection, ask the Lafayette AL contractors to provide references from customers that they have worked with fairly recently. If they have to dig way back into the archives to find someone, it may be a red flag. Ask them to provide references for similar jobs if possible. If most of their jobs involve insect extermination and you have a gopher problem, it may not be the right project for them. And when speaking with their past customers, ask not only have they been satisfied with the quality of the pest control service, but also any follow up service that they may have had. Ask if they would recommend the contractor to friends and family or if they would use the company again.
- Invite them to your home. Before hiring a contractor, arrange an in-home inspection so that you can meet the exterminator in person and discuss your situation. The Lafayette AL pest control contractor should outline his method for treating or removing your pests, any pesticides that he will use as well as potential hazards involved. He should also be able to offer tips on avoiding future infestation as well. Be wary of any contractor who provides a quote sight unseen unless it is a very basic job.
- Check out their reputation. Contact your regional or Alabama pesticide regulatory agency, as well as the Alabama Attorney General to see if any of the Lafayette AL contractors have had complaints filed against them. Also, check local consumer organizations such as the Better Business Bureau or Google + Local online to find out what their local reputations are for service.
- Check insurance and licensing. It is important before making that final selection that both your home and the workers involved in the project are protected. Ask to see proof of insurance for both liability and workers compensation. The liability insurance will protect you against any damages that may occur, especially with chemicals. The workers comp will protect the contractor’s employees should they be injured while on your property. It is also important to find out if the contractor meets all local and state codes regarding licensing and special certifications. A reputable Lafayette AL pest control company will have their insurance and licenses in order and available for your review. Also, ask about any Professional Pest Control Associations they are affiliated with as this will provide a good indication as to their commitment to their business as well as keeping updated on training and safety methods.
- Get a written contract. Once you have completed your due diligence and have selected a qualified Lafayette AL pest control contractor, get a written contract detailing all of the important points we have discussed. A signed copy of the initial written estimate may suffice as long as it covers all important details. Congratulation! You are well on your way to having your pest issues taken care of by an experienced, licensed and affordable pest control specialist.
Interesting Background on Lafayette AL
LaFayette (/ləˈfeɪ.ɛt/ lə-FAY-et, /ləˈfaɪ.ɛt/ lə-FYE-et, or /ˈlʌfeɪ.ɛt/ LUF-ay-et) is the county seat of Chambers County, Alabama, United States, 47 miles (76 km) northwest of Columbus, Georgia. As of the 2010 census, the population of the city was 3,003.
Chambers County was formed in 1832. The newly elected county officials opted to locate the county seat as near as possible to the center of the county. Lots for the new town were auctioned in October 1833, with proceeds from the sale financing the construction of a courthouse and jail. The town was first called "Chambersville", but by the time of incorporation on January 7, 1835, the town name had been changed to "Lafayette", named after the Marquis de Lafayette; its spelling was changed to "LaFayette" due to the influence of newspaper editor Johnson J. Hooper, who created a fictional character called Captain Simon Suggs, a backwoods southerner who pronounced the town's name as "La Fait". The city's newspaper, The LaFayette Sun, was founded under the name The Alabama Standard in April 1841 and adopted its current name on August 3, 1881.
Lafayette is the birthplace of heavyweight boxing champion Joe Louis. An 8-foot (2.4 m) bronze statue, executed by sculptor Casey Downing Jr. of Mobile, Alabama, was erected in Louis' honor in front of the Chambers County courthouse. It is also the hometown of Hoyt L. Sherman, one of artist Roy Lichtenstein's principal art professor/mentors at Ohio State University.
LaFayette is located at 32°53'54.859" North, 85°24'2.822" West (32.898572, -85.400784). According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 8.9 square miles (23.0 km2), of which 0.027 square miles (0.07 km2), or 0.31%, is water.
Find Pest Control Contractors in Lafayette AL Now!
Finding qualified, pre-screened Pest Control Contractors in Lafayette AL is easy. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. Qualified contractors are standing by waiting for your request. So what are you waiting for? Get your pest exterminator proposals and fnd the right contractor at the right price now!
Other Cities in Alabama
Bing: Lafayette AL Pest Control Exterminators Search results
Exterminator: Lafayette, Abbeville & New Iberia, LA: Eagle ...
What makes Eagle Pest Control different is our full-scale commitment to our customers, as evidenced by the wide range of exterminator services we offer the Lafayette, LA, community and the highly skilled exterminators we employ. Eagle Pest Control is the one of the only Lafayette-area exterminator companies with a state-certified Ph.D. in ...
Lafayette, AL Rat Exterminators - Rodent Control Service Plans
Pest Control Services » Rodent Extermination » AL » Rodent Control in Lafayette 36862 Rodent Extermination in Lafayette, AL Leave your Lafayette Rodent Extermination needs for a licensed expert - contact us for no obligation price quotes from affordable rodent control in Lafayette, Alabama, and get details about everything from destructive ...
Reliable Exterminators – Greater Lafayette’s Best Pest ...
Reliable Exterminators is your local, 4th generation, same-family-owned Pest Control company. Our name says it all. We serve Lafayette, IN and the 14 surrounding counties with personal, professional, licensed technicians.We’re not part of a national chain or company, which means better service and lower prices.
AL'S PEST CONTROL
Al’s Pest Control has been serving the Louisiana community for over forty years. We are a family owned and operated company specializing in full pest control services for both residential and commercial properties. Regardless if your needs are on water, in restaurants, or your own home, we have a plan that is right for you.
Find Lafayette Exterminators | Pest Control Lafayette, AL
Tell us your pest control need. Local exterminators will contact you. It's fast, easy and there is absolutely no obligation. Get Started Now. Local Results for Exterminators Featured Businesses Orkin Pest & Termite Control. Pest Control Down To A Science.™ ... Serving Lafayette, AL;
The 10 Best Pest Control Companies in Lafayette, LA 2019 ...
Can I browse unscreened Pest Control Companies in Lafayette? We do our best to screen all of our pest control companies. However, there are still some pest control company professionals in Lafayette that have not been pre-screened. This means that their licenses may not be up to date to operate in Lafayette or LA.
5 Best Pest Control Companies - Lafayette AL | Exterminators
Hire the Best Pest Control Services in Lafayette, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 415 Homeowner Reviews of Top Lafayette Pest Control Services. TruGreen, Terminix, Allgood Pest Solutions, Terminix, Velocity Enterprise Corp. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
3 Best Exterminators - Lafayette AL | Bed Bug, Insect Control
Hire the Best Bug and Insect Exterminators in Lafayette, AL on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from 3 Top Lafayette Bug and Insect Control services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly.
Lafayette Pest Controls, Termite Control in Lafayette, AL
Values Our Pest Control Company Holds in Lafayette, AL . Our exterminator service staff in Lafayette, AL is required to attend regular training sessions to make sure that we are offering the best possible customer experience. When you interact with an exterminator from our business, you will find that they are willing to go above and beyond the call.